PASS IT ON

Friday, December 18, 2009

*******PLEASE do not take this as bragging.....but this is an email that
I received in my inbox this morning. Needless to say it brought tears. But that's not the reason for the post....It is to share what a difference an email can make and WHAT a WONDERFUL SEASON for us all to

PASS IT ON. I already have several people in mind. Think of someone that has touched your life and TELL THEM. My prayer today is that everyone that reads this post will MAKE SOMEONE ELSE'S DAY with just a simple email....

Here is the email I received from my precious friend.

Dear Santa,
Just a few more days and you will be coming down to
deliver presents all over the world. What a magical fellow you are.

I am writing a much over-due
thank you letter; like over 25 years. You gave me one of the best gifts ever when I met
a girl named Teresa Powell.
She opened up a magical world
of beauty and celebration I had never known this up close & personal. And now all these years later we are older
and have grandchildren, she has widened her circle of (good) magic at such a breathtaking time of year anyway!
So, Santa thanks for my friend for life, Teresa.
Load her up this season on
peace, joy, health, and many
more years of life with us.
I ask a simple request for a
young coach's wife somewhere
who needs a good friend - that
you will repeat this same gift
to this lucky girl.
Thanks in advance on her behalf.
Your friend,
Patti
(p.s. i just love the snapshot
of you kneeling at the manger,
didn't that baby just change
everything!)


I cannot end the post without saying that Patti is a JEWEL....and I love her so much!

I will save the POLAR EXPRESS post for tonight or tomorrow...IT is a POST ....lets just say JACK was tired and not on his BEST BEHAVIOUR, to say the least. But oh how I love that little man. As Parker said, he had a case of BADIDIOUS.
Off to have some fun, shopping and a movie......Hotels are great....no beds to make.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I have tears...what a sweet so sweet email...
off to pay it forward

Love Being A Nonny said...

I will *pay it forward* today. You are indeed worthy of this e mail. Merry Christmas!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

What a wonderful email. With a tear in my eye I am passin' it on.

You have a wonderfully blessed weekend enjoying the reason for the season!!! A baby really did change the world. God bless you lovely lady!!!

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

Here you are 25 years later from that e-mail still spreading the magical moments of a Gracious God. I have cancer and every day I would be reminded that I didn't live in my "home" of 33 years. We gave it up for a tiny apartment with a post box under a portechere that I have to walk to every day to pick up my mail. For the past several months, there were so many days I can't count that the only mail would be a mounting heap of bills and a card from you, someone I've never met in person. Oh! But I know your heart! And I know my Beautiful God a little bit better because of you! Merry Christmas Friend! Bev

Sara said...

Wow, it brought tears to my eyes, so very beautiful, I have never read that email before, Thanks for sharing

Christi Johnson said...

That is such a precious email. You are definetly someone that does not just do "magic" at Christmas time. You are such a wonderful and giving person all year long. I wish I could gather all the people that you take the time to just drop a sweet note in the mail to out of the blue, and put them all in a room to give you a big hug. Have a wonderful time with the boys!

Terra said...

You spread JOY when you create tree miracles of beauty, and when we read your blog.
A few years ago I did write a letter to my dad, when he was 85, which I titled "My Cool Dad", and which he treasured in years to come. I listed lots of fun things he did with me.
Also, I am inspired to send Christmas cards to people who don't send me one, it might spark some joy when they receive it.
You got a great email and thanks for sharing it.

COUNTRY MOM said...

Teresa, What a wonderful email. You are such a blessing. You mean alot to me too. You always seem to say they right things to make someone feel better. I am always here for you. Love you. Many Blessings, Audrey

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

What a beautiful and touching email.. thank you for sharing with us. Thank you for stopping in to say hello. Pop in any 'ole time..
hugs ~lynne~

Farming On Faith said...

What a blessing you have been to your dear friend. God is so good in giving us those to share our journey with!
Merry Christmas~
Carrie

Natalie Jane said...

Lovely.

Merry Christmas!