A BAD WEATHER DAY BUT SOME GREAT FINDS

Thursday, October 29, 2009

We are FINALLY safe in a hotel in Dallas and all our kids are SAFE in SHREVEPORT, after a horrible weather day. Tornadoes were everywhere in Shreveport and Bossier and my son actually watched one pass over the car dealership he works for. He said they had at least 50,000 dollars in damage...A scary day to say the least. We were on the road most of the day and torrential rains were are constant companion. The kind where you cannot see the car in front of you. I was getting constant phone calls from home telling me new tornadoes were spotted every few minutes...so I am hoping tomorrow is a less eventful day.
BUT, I did manage to stop and purchase a few great finds for some of my houses. Some are still in the car so I will have to show you those pictures tomorrow night, but will give you a little eye candy and maybe it will spark a new idea for you.
Really look at this tree close and you will see the results of lots of different things, different textures and different shapes that all go into making a beautiful tree.
This is my FAVORITE RIBBON FIND of this year, expensive but absolutely BEAUTIFUL
These are a few things that I bought for myself.....unless I find a house that HAS to HAVE them!
This tree is FABULOUS and going to make a GREAT FOCAL POINT in SOME HOME. The picture does not really do it justice.
THIS beautiful gold wreath can be used as a wreath or as a centerpiece with a huge candle wedged down in the middle.....I bought the cutest Santa, but am too tired to get it out of the car....will post it tomorrow night.....
TIP
Walmart is putting out their Christmas things and have some GREAT ornaments. I stopped at a large Walmart coming into Dallas and found three different ones that will work on a tree I am in the planning stage of .. They were $2.00 and looked like $10 ornaments.....Of course, I bought everyone of them as I have a 12 ft tree that is changing colors this year. I will show you those tomorrow also....
Tomorrow is a full day at market and then a SATURDAY CANTON day...and it looks like the weather on Saturday should be PERFECT.
IF any of you are a reader of my family blog you know I am a Brett Farve lover (I will just say it like it is) and the game this week, as he returns to Green Bay as a Viking will be where you find me on Sunday! We are a FOOTBALL FAMILY! If you don't love football, the sentence above will mean NOTHING!
Remember tomorrow night I will be drawing for the GREAT GIVEAWAY on my family blog.

18 comments:

Chris H said...

You do amazing trees and decorations! I am in awe. It has inspired me to try and totally cover my tree with ornaments this year.. usually I don't ...
Thanks for visiting my blog, even if it was just blog hopping!

Channa, Oh its the Coachs Wife said...

It looks like y'all might have stopped at Paul Michaels in Canton?? I love that first tree by the way! Welcome to the past month in Big D! All rain!!

West Side of Straight said...

Glad to hear you like FB and B Farve too! He is doing wonders with his new teammates! We love having him here in MN! Sunday s/be a good game, and I hope the Vikings win. I'm going to WMart tomorrow and check on what our store has started to put out. Our daughter in New Iberia said the weather was nasty there today too- but sounds like you got the worst there up north. Have a safe trip back home.

Personalized Baby Gifts said...

Really nice post.I like it,There is many gift fir the baby.

Personalized Baby Gifts said...

What a great post and blog! I’ve enjoyed my time here!!!! Really this is great gift collection for the babies

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Beautiful, Teresa! Thanks for the tip on Walmart; I always like to add a few new things each year.

Love Being A Nonny said...

I am so glad yall are ok. Wind scares me so bad!!

I would LOVE to have two of those whimsicals trees!! Where did you get those?? LOVE LOVE them. (Oh, love your new ribbon too!)

Holly said...

You are turly amazing.....I LOVE the Whimsy....thanks for all your posts~Holly

Jackie said...

So glad you're safe Teresa! Loved the pictures and can't wait to see all your "finds". Thanks for the Walmart tip......I'm "on it"!! Out the door to Walmart in a few!

Oh, we love football and Bret is great (gotta love the Sears commercial, so cute!!). We're in Cardinals country, so go AZ Cards!

Sweet Blessings!
Jackie

Jenna said...

Beautiful Finds!! You have a great talent! I just had to comment about the football game this weekend! We have season tickets to the Green Bay Packers and are huge packer fans! USED to be a huge Brett Favre fan, but I just dont understand him anymore! Hoping the Packers kick butt on Sunday!

Terra said...

I want to invent a "shopper with courage" award just for you.
Tornadoes and torrential rains did not deter you from your appointed rounds.
You found some gorgeous treasures, you brave lady!

Courtney said...

I love looking at all your great projects. Have a great weekend!

Aimee said...

Oh, my, my, my. I have just found your blog today and I'm in Heaven! You have my dream job. Since I was in my early 20's people have told me I should decorate trees at Christmas. Well, I do-- MINE!! My husband and my friends all make such fun of me b/c I get started on my big tree the 2nd week in Nov. but then they all sit and stare in wonder when it's done. I think you are my long lost twin!!! Love it!

Elaine Welte said...

You wouldn't travel to Indiana to decorate would you?! I love you're work- you'll be my design inspiration this Christmas. Thanks for sharing it!

Ginger said...

Glad you are safe from the weather.
It sounds like you found some great deals, starting with Walmart.
I love seeing everything.

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Teresa I wanted to let you know that I received the tree skirt yesterday and it is simply GORGEOUS!!!
Thank you so much. I can't wait to use it!
Hugs
Kim

Its So Very Cheri said...

Ohh!! I love Christmas-it is actually my birthday.

I am going to follow and hope you'll come by and do the same.

Cheri

koreen (aka: winn) said...

Love your 2nd last picture... the ornament tree! Gorgeous. =)